Thursday, September 12, 2013

What I Adore About September~by Shell


Even though summer is my favorite time of year, fall is pretty much tied.  Who can resist an autumn day filled with bright colors and wonderful food? 

Best things about September:

·         Back to school.  I think of back to school as the beginning of the year~not Jan. 1st!  Everything about going back to school is great.  It’s a fresh start. New outfits (love!) and school supplies also top my list on this category. What’s not to adore about a great fashionable ensemble and newly sharpened pencils with brand spanking new notebooks?  As a returning student, I have my online classes to look forward to as well as meeting new classmates. 

Outfit Inspiration Blog: http://suburbly-chic.tumblr.com/ 

·         Hiking and Biking.  The best time of year, in my opinion to hike and bike.  The trails are less crowded and the cool air in your lungs makes for a restorative joyful feeling in your soul! My husband and I love to find new waterfalls in the UP of Michigan, just over our border.

Waterfalls in Michigan:

·         Baking!   As soon as the temperature hits 60 I dust off my cupcake pans and cookie sheets and start pouring over recipes on Pinterest.  I long for apple crisp, granola and, like Ter~anything pumpkin!
 
                  Heather (shesdomestic) on has a whole board on Nutella!

·         Shorter Hours!  Less work and more time to cuddle up with a great book.  Alas, there are benefits to living in a tourist town!

Spend your down time having fun with this hilarious read:
           “Where’d you go, Bernadette?” By Maria Semple

How do you enjoy September?  Share with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment