Thursday, September 12, 2013

SEPTEMBER

September, how do I love thee? ..........
In so many ways, this month is, for me, about love and about color.
This is the month I married my beloved, a short 51 years ago.  In September, my first child was born and I fell in love again.  A second child arrived 3 years later, and he too, stole my heart.

Over the years this month has brought our family so many special occasions-weddings, anniversaries and birthdays...times to cherish each other and time to spend together.

September feels soft, warm and familiar to me- nature's colors pausing to soften from the brilliance and lushness of summer before bursting into the flaming colors of fall.  September is a changeling-part summer, part autumn, letting the deep green pallet of the forest turn softly into lighter, muted greens . She softens the hue of a brilliant blue sky a bit and adds a little more breeze to create playful, darting shadows in the woods, much like the fairies my granddaughters love.

Transition begins in September.....charming me once again, just as those sweet members of my family can charm me into falling in love with them all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment