Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Saturday Musings

It's a cold Saturday morning, and I've just finished a delicious cup of coffee and fresh biscuits right out of the oven.  A great way to begin the weekend.   Over the past weeks, so many topics have come to mind for this post, which I eagerly think about, take pictures for and then move on quickly to another topic!  Time to re-group. Here is the short list:

My early winter visit with Halle and Elle resulted in batches of melted snowman cookies and a spirited couple of hours playing in the snow with visits to the faire habitats.


A week or so later, a delivery to our home of some pallets of pellets resulted in a short visit with the truck driver: a young woman, so sweet, strong and efficient that I took pictures and wanted to tell the world.

Next I began working on a project to make a cupcake stand and to create a wonderful baby shower cake for my nephew, Mark and his wife, Ali, who are expecting a baby girl this spring.

Then a trip to Florida for two weeks to visit my brother,Duf,  his wife, Mysha and their beautiful (almost 2 years old) little girl, Madaline.  My sister Cher stayed with us in a rented vacation home that was not as advertised in cleanliness and comfort.  But the beach always impresses and is beautiful and great for long sunrise and sunset walks. And visiting with Duf and his family is always a wonderful treat.  All in all a restful and good get-away.

Back home, it has been cold and snowy.  But comfortable, and clean. And the biscuits are very, very good!


No comments:

Post a Comment